13 april 2010

Let children learn


things to learn from Matt Edgar on Vimeo.


Dutch illustrator/designer Christan Borstlap was commissioned to design the children's stamps for 2009 for the Dutch TNT. This charity project focuses on the promotion of children's education. Dutch children at the age of about 10 go door to door to sell these stamps. I remember when I was at the right age to sell them. I had to run home and start my selling activities immediately, otherwise someone else would have beaten me to it. The stamps were very popular, everyone bought them! Needless to say, that was in the pre e-mail era.

For the promotion of the 2009 stamps Christian made an animation which I saw at the Berlin Pictoplasma Festival. I had never seen the stamps, nor the animation... So I was pleasantly surprised to discover that one of the animations I enjoyed most was designed by a Dutch illustrator! In fact, I was already familiar with his work. His brother Jan-Jacob used to be a colleague of mine at EdenSpiekermann. Check out his website for more great work.


1 opmerking:

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...