23 februari 2011

Alexandra Roozen




Alexandra Roozen passed her exams cum laude at Fine Arts Academy St. Joost in Breda in the same year as I did. I remember her as being an intelligent, serious and above all, dedicated student. Looking at her current work, you can still see this dedication. 
 
Alexandra controls several techniques, but the last years she focuses on drawings. It looks like she uses simple materials: pencil and paper but when you look at her technique closely, you can see the numerous dash repetitions that are done in a unusual way:
In an electrical drill she places a pencil so another frequency and rhythm is added to her drawing. Or she puts her drawings into a shredder and replaces the equal fragments to a new work.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...