30 oktober 2011

I MAS there - Antwerp



Yesterday I finally visited the MAS, Museum aan de Stroom in Antwerp (Belgium) with my friend Yvette. A few months ago I had been near the building but I didn't have time to go inside. Now I did! And it was worth every minute! 

The MAS website states: 'The MAS is more than a museum. It is a new city centre; a new meeting place where there is always something to do or see. The MAS recounts the story of a relationship between Antwerp and the world that has lasted for five centuries, which is still ongoing. The museum allows contemporary artists to continue writing the story.'


In addition to being a museum, the MAS is also an extraordinary building on an extraordinary spot in an extraordinary location. The MAS is designed as a giant storehouse with stacked containers or “boxes”. These museum boxes are stacked in such a way that they create a spiral tower. As you ascend, you get a constantly changing view of the city. With A breathtaking 360° panorama on the roof.

The MAS is chosen as one of the worlds most beautiful muesuems by the American magazine Travel + Leisure. The Dutch architects Neutelings and Riedijk designed this amazing building and Antwerp's B-architecten did the interiors of the museum rooms.



















1 opmerking:

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...