14 september 2012

Workshop screen printing


Last week I did a two-day workshop screen printing at the Amsterdam Grafisch Atelier. My intension was to learn the process so that I can screen print my own illustrations in the future. The workflow is pretty technical - which I'm not - and requires quite some patience - which I have none. It was scary but in the end pretty awesome to do something out of my comfort zone. I'm very enthusiastic about it and will definitely try it again! 

I decided to use a few of my illustrations to get to know the technique a little better. I used several backgrounds, the green one is a painting I scanned and changed into black and white bitmap.
I made the red and blue background during the workshop; by tearing pieces of paper and exposing that onto the mesh.


picking a mesh


Preparing the mesh with a photosensitive layer.


mixing the ink








Printing!





Cleaning and stripping the mesh. 


Getting my hands and clothes dirty.











Some of the prints I made.

1 opmerking:

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...